Thursday, January 13, 2011

old project....finished!!

Oakley is all smiles lately. He is totally ticklish and will do his silent open mouth smile. Sometimes he will coo back at you too. He will smile at Dad's weird noises every time. He is a stinker though and still wakes up lots during the night, which makes for a hard morning for me.
I still manage to get lots done though. Thank goodness the older boys are all back is school and preschool. Garth is mostly potty trained. I have to remind him lots, but he got to pick out his own underwear and is doing pretty good. I made a cute purse for Jasper's friends Birthday. Hopefully I'll remember to post pics before he gives it. Wade also showed me how to use our small paint sprayer so Ive been helping to get the shelves painted for our new bookshelves. They are gonna look so awesome! Don't worry I'll post pics of those too! I finally pulled out a project that I started almost 5 months ago. I was all in a hurry to get it done, but then kept having problems so kinda just gave up. Over Christmas I got a new sewing foot for my sewing machine and it made this project a little easier. Anyway....here is the cushion I finally finished.
You would not believe how hard it is to get all those stripes lined up! But they are {mostly} all lined up. And it looks pretty dang good. I added a zipper as I know I'll be washing it a ton, and it can also be turned over...
I think I'll use some of the fabric I was thinking of using before for the cushion to do a few little pillows....
And here is Gavin, putting the cushion right to use!!

1 comment:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

I do believe you should get a medal for sewing all that piping and cutting all the strips on the bias, etc. It looks fabulous! I am really impressed with the fact that you lined up the stripes. OK...you should get two medals for that!