Saturday, April 10, 2010

I love to stick stuff up my nose........

Well Garth finally stuck something up his nose far enough that I couldn't get it out. It had been there a day and we decided no amount of sneezing was going to make it come loose, so this morning off to the pediatrician we went. Well guess what, the pediatrician couldn't get it out either. She suggested an ENT (ear,nose & throat) specialist, but since its the weekend we had to go to the ER! Luckily we have the best children's hospital around and we were in and out in less than an hour. I wonder how much a bead up the nose is going to cost us though....

The Dr. used this super cool tool to get it out, I really wanted to ask her if I could keep it {since I'm sure they will throw it away, and I did pay for it} but I doubt they would have. Anyway it was a long stick about the diameter of a toothpick with a syringe at the end. She put the stick up his nose, past the bead & then pushed on the syringe to put air into a tiny little balloon at the end of the stick and then pulled the bead right out of his nose. Super cool!

The point of this story. If your kid does the same thing, call your Ped FIRST to see if they have such a handy tool, if they don't go straight to the ER or if you can an ENT specialist. Save yourself some time and money!!

P.S. Reminder to self----I do not want to ever move again -especially while I am pregnant!!!!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Moving while pregnant is not fun sorry. Congrats by the way on moving and being pregnant where did you move to?

EndoQuad said...

I made Lisa move while pregnant with every kid but Hayydn. Kind of. :-) I think she still harbors ill feelings. Hey, next time call me first. I am a wizard with the hemostats! ;-)

Amberly said...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!! I was ready to ask you last week and never did. Congratulations!!

Karen Burr said...

Did you move to the house by me?

Sandi said...

Wow, there was no evidence of this event on Sunday. I'm glad there was no surgery.

Arix Antix said...

Ha, ha , ha, ahha. Nicole put something up her nose on the day that Mike was doing his exam to make a new rank. SOOOO, he was unavailable. I waited and could not milke that dude out. Finally I called 911 and the guys came out and did their stuff. They said, "Nothen there, it may have fallen out and she did not know it.
Or the time we were at a church party and Peanut (someone's kid) threw a rock and it went INTO my son's ear. Then my son put his finger in his ear to get it in and PUSHED it in more. LOOOOOONG story short. After prayer and thinking through things, I milked the rock out of his ear while my son opened and closed his mouth (helps with the milking) while waiting in the ER.