Make sure my eyes are closed!
So a friend offered us a little bunny, she had found in her back yard. Even though Wade said I didn't need any more responsibilities....I decided I needed something cute and cuddly {Besides Garth} So I borrowed a Rabbit hutch from my Mom and the boys and I painted it and got it cleaned up. We bought some food and set out to have some fun with our new pet. "Indy" he was named {even though we don't know if its a boy or girl}
We brought him home Thursday afternoon. He is so cute and cuddly {just what I wanted} He is brown and has black little beady eyes. He is super soft and has a cute little hop. He is so tiny, about the size of your computer mouse. The boys take him out to the grass and he hop's between their legs. They love him and want to hold him ALL the time. But we put him in his little hutch and he burrows down in a little towel. We leave him some lettuce and water. I bring Indy in before bed and try to convince Wade that he is the cutest thing ever and he is gonna love him...eventually. I put Indy to bed.
I wake up too....."Mom why doesn't he move"
Yep you guessed it. Little Indy didn't make it 24 hours at the Eagar's. The kids are convinced he will come back to life, after all his eyes are still open!
5 comments:
What a fun way to start off a Saturday...reading that lovely story lol. Poor bunny.
Poor bunny! Ours lasted less than a month and I too was happy to have something soft and cuddly... howevery my hubby had bunnies when he was younger so he loved it too! I don't know how we killed a rabbit, aren't they supposed to be more harty than fish?! I hope the kids adjust... maybe you could try again :). Good luck
The Carter kids will not be participating in the babysitting co-op...
... at the Eagar's house!
So sad! Bunnies are the cutest! Makayla is convinced we need one--ok she's convinced we need any and evry animal!
Post a Comment