Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fabric Itch

So I love fabric, I am pretty sure it is genetic. Both my Mom and Grandma have full closets of fabric. I started working at a fabric store the week I turned 16 and even though I had other full time jobs I still worked at a fabric store untill I was married at 21. Needless to say I also have a closet full of fabric. But I always need more....So here is what I bought today!!
This cute green, purple & brown fabric will be made into the "Jenny" purse. http://lolaagain.blogspot.com/2008/01/jenny-bag-purse-tutorial.html
The top brown & cream fabric is to make little baby booties. They will be so warm and hopefully super cute!! Thanks Heather http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Booties.html The flannel I will save for bibs & burp cloths.
This is some super fun canvas that I am going to make into a super big beach bag. One that can hold at least 3 towels, suits for 5 people, diapers, wipes, sunblock, water, snacks, cell & keys. Hopefully the fabric and I are up to the task!!

9 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Okay where did you buy all of that adorable fabric? Pick some out for me, too! I'd love to make the JKenny bag and a new swim bag too!

Jana Nielson said...

HI! When you finish the Jenny bag, I'd love to see a picture of it! Good luck!
Lola

Amberly said...

man, that is darling! great finds... can't wait to see your final products!

Ashlee said...

love all the fabric. I would love to sew the purse or beach bag with you! I also want to know where you purchased the fabric.

Deirdre Eagar said...

Sally's Fabric- There is one off of Baseline and the 101 and another near the temple in mesa!!

Alicia said...

Hooray for me! I just found your blog (thanks Ashlee), I guess I'm slow on the up-take (or just plain slow, take your pick).
Ditto on loving the fabric. You are my sewing hero, hopefully you won't mind if I pick your braing occasionally when I'm stuck with a project.

The Malone's said...

Seriously, you have too much time on your hands. Where do you find the time to do all the fun sewing? I love all fun ideas.

Amberly said...

we hear garth has arrived... hope all went smoothly!!

sunshine said...

That fabric is awesome! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me your talented sewing skills! Nate's sister is stuck teaching me the basics! I love that you have such good taste in fabric too!