Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy 10th Birthday Jack

Thought I'd better get the last birthday party on here, before we move on to Oakleys tomorrow.  Im behind as usual....its not got ease up anytime soon Im afraid...

On Jacks Birthday we had Grandparents over for dinner.  We made pizza's and celebrated with pumpkin/carmel flan and pumkin spice ice cream. We'd never made either and they turned out delish. The flan wasnt very pretty but tasted great.
Jack wanted legos so we took him to the store and he loaded up!  He also ended up with a bunch of cash and gift cards. He bought more legos, a wii game and a watch.

I only do a friends party every couple years or so...We decided on a camping theme...
The Invites
The Cake

The Set up

The Fire


The Friends

The GPS hunt

The Marshmello Shooters

The Happy Birthday blowout

The Goodie bags

Of course I was terrified at the beginning when we had the fire going. I was sure someone would get burned, but the fire burned low by the time most of the kids arrived, perfect for roasting their hot dogs. There were a few tense moments when kids smores fired up...but it went well.  We started the party at 6 and went till 10, that was too late. I should have started at 5 or even 4:30. But for all we did 4 hours was enough time, we just had a few kids fall asleep watching the movie.  After our short dinner, the kids did a quick GPS hunt that gave them all the pieces to the marshmello guns. When they had them all together they had a war and shot marshmellos e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. Then we did presents and ate the awesome Marshmello cake. I got the idea here. The kids then settled in and watched ET.  We set it up with a projector and an old slide show screen. Jack had an awesome time and I was happy with how it all went down!

2 comments:

Lel said...

AMAZING! Wish I could have tried that smore cake :o(

Cameron Braithwaite said...

You are way too creative. I can't believe the cute stuff you do!!! Soo fun!!