Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weekend DIY

Well I thought it would be a weekend project, it was more a week long process. And really I am not done, still have a little spray painting to do {But my fingers and wrist are actually quite sore, who new you could get sore from using spray paint}

Anyway here is the before picture:

Ugly white plastic lounger with worn out brown cushion...

NOW we have super cute summery cushions and pillows with bronze {still ugly though} lounge chairs!!

It was super sunny this morning so the pics not the best. But they turned out cute and I'm happy to not have to lay on itchy worn out fabric anymore. I got all the fabric from Joann's, it was 50% off and they have some great prints.

And yes we are swimming. The boys have been going for more than a month now, I got in last week and it was really not to bad {but yes still a little cold}. Garth LOVES to sit on the top step and splash, when I blow in his face and dunk him he wont close his mouth so he is always a little gaspy, but he doesn't seem to mind. Gavin just needed a few reminders about how to kick his legs and rotate his arms and he now loves to jump off the side and swim to me or the steps. I think pretty soon he will be able to lift his head and get some air!! Jack and Jasper are crazy, and say "just jump in, then its not so cold!!!"

6 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

I am impressed! I have a rocking chair in desperate need of a recover, but I don't have any idea how to go about it...so here I sit...afraid.

Scrap Happy said...

I'm just not sure about those chairs. I will have to come try them out myself. We will come swimming next week and I'll give them a trial run.

Sandi said...

Nice

The Moore Family said...

Deirdre- you are amazing!!!! Seriously! I love everything you do. You are the sewing master and your fabric choices are always outrageously fantastic.

Lisa said...

So awesome--I love the bright, citrusy colors!

jayme said...

Those look awesome by the pictures. Way to save some dough. That bronze paint makes them look metal too. Maybe not in person. Great job!