Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scrapbook Convention

Friday morning I woke up with a grin! FREEDOM!! I yelled. not quite, but I took a shower and fed the kids and then carpooled with some friends to the scrapbook convention in Mesa. We were there in time to get a few early bird deals. We spent the morning shopping and drooling and wishing we were made of money. We had lunch at a great little spot in down town Mesa. I finally took a class at 4:30. I was really looking forward to this class, we made an acrylic album. It actually wasn't a great class, but I came home and added a few more embellishments and it looks better. {bottom middle of photo} I did learn a few techniques so I guess I got my money's worth.
Saturday after my race, I headed out to take more classes. I made the "you'll flip for album" on the right {the green one} It is super cute and I cant wait to stick some fun summer photos in it. I also took the "MONKEY" album class {at the top of the pic} I didn't get to finish it. Waiting for K to come over so we can finish them together. Then we went out to lunch at "Mango's" it was delish. More shopping after lunch. It was great, Great GREAT!! I also bought the farm friends album and have been working on it the last couple days. Also bought a tabbed chipboard album and cant wait to make something super cute out of it!! Much needed time away from the kids and it was fun to spend it with friends!!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I really need to see these in person.

Natalie Braithwaite said...

SOOOOoooo cute. I need to make some scrapbooking friends so I can go create fun stuff like that. Super cute Deirds!

Ashlee said...

Ditto what Sandi said...when are you coming to visit? :)