Friday, July 11, 2008

Birthday Day!

It started early. Since the other day when I got up at 5 to clean the pool, I just can't seem to sleep past the little alarm in my head. Oh well. The older boys had spent the night at Hugh's to celebrate his birthday but, I have to say that was a pretty good present for me too!! Anyway, I made myself some blueberry muffins & had some OJ. At 7:30 I ran over to Karen's and she gave me the best hair cut I've ever had. Seriously if I can style it the way she did, some of you might not recognize me!! I tried to take a pic, but it just doesn't do it justice. We didn't do much during the day, Wade came home from work and we locked our selves in our room and chatted (yes that's all we did) and I took the kids to the park and we went by the library. We had Jack in the Box for lunch. I used to hate the place but they have a chipotle chicken sandwich that I LOVE, and I can get the kids 2 taco's for a buck!! And then we all had wonderful naps!! We went out for dinner with Wade's Family. We went to Macyo's. It is usually great there but, our server was a little past her prime. Heck when you are shoveling in the chips and salsa and there is no drink to quench the thirst things can get a little hectic especially if your 6, 4 or 2!! Oh well the food was still good. And I love hanging with Wade's Family. Thanks for the gifts!!

Oh yea on the way to dinner Wade gave me my present. Since I only told him the day before, what I wanted he did pretty good. It was a pink camo hair straightener. Yes it's a CHI and it better last till I die!! (at least that's what he's thinking I'm sure!!) Thanks Karen for getting it ASAP, I think Wade owes you big time!!

All in all it was a pretty good B-Day. Thanks to all who called and all those who sent gifts!!

5 comments:

Amberly said...

let's tell wade that he can start planning now... he's got to come up with something fabulous for the big 3-0! enjoy this next year, I bet it's your best yet!!

mommyballs said...

Happy Birthday Deirdre!! Send Hellos to Jack and Jasper from Grant and Sam. We are finishing the last 10 days of our 6 weeks in MD with family then headed back to TX to sweat out the rest of the hot and sticky summer. Love to keep up to date on your family adventures through your blog. I know Adam is going to be looking for some mountain biking adventures when he gets back from Iraq in Nov. Maybe he and Wade can meet up somewhere. Miss you guys, Erinn

Sharla said...

Happy Birthday! Man time flies. Who knew we would be hitting 30 next year. I'm glad you had a nice busy day! I enjoy your blog :)

Sandi said...

Love to hear about happy birthdays. Kudos to Wade!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad you had a good day.