Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beach Bag

Yea, I actually finished it. I started this morning. I drew a picture on the side of one Jasper's "masterpieces". Then I cut out some newspaper pattern pieces to see what size I wanted. Then I stapled all the newspaper pieces together to see if it really was what I wanted. And then I started cutting. Needless to say I barely got all the pieces I needed cut out & I had to skimp a little in some places- so hopefully it won't fall apart. Anyway it is huge and here it is!
There are only a couple things I would have done differently-But I think I will keep them to myself!!
Here is the inside. Pockets are everywhere. The middle pocket is huge & is to hold wet swim suits. All the orange fabric is a mesh, so hopefully we wont have any wet moldy messes if its a day or two before this bag gets cleaned out!! The bottom of the bag is also mesh so all the water can make its way out of the bag!! See the little clip on the left side-that's to hold my keys- no more digging in the deep dark hole!! We are headed to the lake this weekend so we will put this to good use!!

8 comments:

The Malone's said...

I want one! Only 3 wet swimsuits, maybe a baby towel and a couple of water bottles!

Karen said...

cute, I want one, but I would have to learn how to sew better first. Great job, I wish I had your talent.

Amanda said...

Wow your so talented, Great job and good thinking about using the mesh!

Ashlee said...

Your sewing projects always make me jealous! I wish I knew how to do that...

Amberly said...

how much are you charging? seriously!

Rob & Karli said...

Ok, if you need to make more to fix your mistakes, I will be a guinnea pig...I want one! So cute! And it's hard to find a big enough beach bag out there. Did you use that this weekend? I wish I would have seen it in person...

Lisa said...

This is so darling -- you are not only talented, but amazing that you could do it with a newborn--in one day!

sunshine said...

Okay, okay...it's settled...You are incredible! Will you send me the remnants of your stapled together newspaper so i can make one too? jk. I do want to make one of those though. AWESOME! ps we love having Kara around! She is so sweet and funny! if you want to come visit her, you can stay at my house!