Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lunch is back

I usually hate lunch. So much so, that I usually skip it. Although about 2ish I am starving and I pull out the Oreo's and a Coke. Not so good for loosing baby weight!! Anyway on Rachel Ray the other day she made Apple Jack Quesadillas, I gave them a try and they are super good. Here's the recipe.

Spread 1 Tablespoon Pepper Jelly on a Tortilla and warm on skillet (Yes, thats Pepper Jelly and it wasn't too hard to find, its right next to the strawberry!!) Arrange Mackintosh apple slices on one half of the tortilla & top with Montery Jack cheese. Fold Tortilla in half and brown on both sides, till cheese is melted.

On the occasion that I do eat lunch it is usually fast food (might be another reason I am not loosing baby weight!!) One of my favorite places is Crave, it is located inside the Downtown ASU Mercado. Off of like 5th st & Van Buren. They have great Cobb Salads, and sandwiches. The Sonoran Turkey being my fav. We made a version of it for lunch today, and it turned out pretty good!

Mix 1/3 cup Mayo with two diced Chipotle Peppers (from a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo). Spread mixture on your bread-I like it on both pieces of bread (there is enough mayo/chipotle mixture for 3 sandwiches). Top with sliced avacodo, turkey, cheese (pepper jack is my fav) & lettuce. Enjoy

If you have any great lunch ideas, please share!!

2 comments:

Rob & Karli said...

I do a lot of Wheat Thins, lunch meat, and cheese. A different take on making a sandwhich. Plus, I like the crunch of the Wheat Thins.

The Moore Family said...

Deirdre you sexy pants- any suit will look good on that hot bod! Feel free to visit us
wehavemoorefun.blogspot.com