I help out in Jasper's class. I do DIGGS. I cant remember what it stands for, something great I'm sure. But I teach a 30 minute gardening class. All the info is prepared by someone else and I just get to read it and teach it to the class. 3rd Grade DIGGS we plant Pumpkins, and all the stuff to make salsa, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic & peppers! Today we planted most of the salsa stuff. The kids got to mix in the compost (they know all about that cause we made our own compost last week), and of course the poop (that's what the manure always gets called when your a kid) also coffee ground. The kids love it. In the spring I'll help in Gavin's class and we'll plant sunflowers :)
For some crazy reason I said I would help out with the copying as well. Last week I went through three reams of paper, this week only 2. I'm mastering the 1-2 or the 2-2 on the copy machine. And the stapling and collating is so cool!
Also do want to know where I can go in 30 minutes. Start 4 kids in car. Drive to Sports Authority, go in for shin guards & soccer shorts for 4 year old. Come out with only shin guards. (Why do soccer shorts only start at size 6?? HELLO soccer people, kids start at 3 so could we please stock the store accordingly). Next drive to soccer practice for oldest child, drop him off. Next drive to soccer practice for second oldest child. Next drive to Uncle Erics, drop off two more children. NEXT drive to SIL Jens A N D relax and look at Lia Sophia Jewlery. That my friends is what it is like to have 5 kids (yes I know I only dropped off four, but one was already at soccer practice!! An then an hour & half later I picked them all up!! Whew....
And because I can never finish a project without starting another I'm also making another table runner for my SIL birthday that was about 3 months ago....
1 comment:
I LOVE that you're updating your blog again and I can't believe you have chickens, oh my. I think you've gotten more accomplished the last week then I have this year.
Post a Comment