Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Skinny Toes :}

I made a goal this year to get back to the weight I was when I got married 11 years ago. January & February I was running a ton, and even going to an exercise class. Not much weight seemed to be coming off. March I gave up, thinking that while I was nursing the weight just wasn't going to come off. I was back down to pre-pregnancy weight, so I couldn't complain to much...

The middle of April came along, and while we were in UT I didn't have a chance to drink much soda... and I had a few horrible headaches on our way home. When we got home I quit soda. COLD TURKEY. I never thought I would be able to do that, but somehow it was just easy. After about two weeks I had a soda on a Saturday night with pizza, thinking that I would just do what Wade does {soda only on Saturdays}. BUT it tasted gross, and I just wanted water.... So I havent been drinking soda at all.

When I need a treat, I get Jamba Juice (instead of lunch as they have a LOT of calories) or just drink some fruit juice. So since April I've lost about 7 lbs. And only need to lose another 7 to be at my goal {which I have the rest of the year to do :} My pants are looser, and I don't have to "suck it in" to get into my clothes. Of course the weight is not coming off where I would really like it too... my thighs & butt or even the extra weight around my neck.

The last week I've been noticing that my toe ring keeps falling off, what the heck!! I keep having to tighten it to keep it on. My wedding ring has gotten a lot looser too which is annoying, but awesome cause I know I'm loosing the weight!! So until I loose it all, at least I have skinny toes and fingers :)

2 comments:

Lindsay Renee' said...

deirdre, that's awesome. i, too, have gone away with soda. and i used to be a real dr. pepper drinker daily. i wanted to lose weight, and i knew part of that was getting rid of those sugary calories everyday. i've gone without soda for almost nine months, with one maybe once a month. but i'll agree, it doesn't have the same satisfaction that it used to, and i find i'd rather have water. i've gotten down to my goal weight, and have maintainted it for almost five months without calorie counting. it's the exercise and portion size and no soda that has made all the difference. doesn't it feel great to feel thin. i haven't been able to take my wedding ring off since before i was pregnant with madison...seven years! just in the last six months or so, i've lost enouigh weight to get my rings off. they even shake on my finger when i shake my hand. wow, that got long. anyway, congrats. that's awesome for you! so looking forward to our shrimp boil and of course, beaching in just a few weeks! hope all is well. lindsay

Ashlee said...

good for you!