Yesterday I was thinking about Field Day. I LOVED Field Day. Those were the days I loved in school, I would come home with at least 4 red or blue ribbons. It was a kids version of the Olympics. Wade told me he hated field day. It was the day he came home crying from school cause he was too fat to get any ribbons {his words not mine}. The boys had field day yesterday. There were no ribbons to be had. I doubt they even classified winners. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. About those kinds of changes. I hated EVERYTHING about school EXCEPT athletics and art. Those I could do and for once on field day I was a winner.
In less than a month we could be closing on a new house in central phoenix. I love the house. It is super cute. It has tall trees and lots of grass and thank goodness a pool. The house is a tad smaller than our current home, but I think that might be a good thing. {less cleaning} BUT I am scared to commit, it means new schools, new wards, new projects, new friends, & a new, very slim budget. I really wish someone would tell me if its the right thing to do & everything will be fine.....
I started a post all about the Ragnar, but really I only got through the first day and it was already too long. So I'll condense... it was fun, it was scary, I saw old friends, and made new ones, I'm thankful for Wade, his bike & the bike light, I'm thankful for Wades parents for letting us crash at their house for a few hours, I'm thankful that all our runners were able to finish their legs, I wish I wouldn't have had a cramp in my calf for 10 miles, I should learn to stretch better, I'm grateful to the volunteers, the decorations & costumes were fun. BUT I do not like people getting hit by cars. I've had enough of that to last the rest of my life and I will probably not participate again. {Robby Mayasich was hit by a car during the race and later died of his injuries}
Did anyone see The Office last week. It was HILARIOUS.
My oldest sister turned 40 last week. We flew her to town and had a couple parties to celebrate. I hope I look as good as she does at 40. My family has a strange liking for picking pimples, I'm pretty sure it originated with my mom. Anyway we watched a YouTube video of "The World Largest Pimple" being popped. Oh my it was SOOO disgusting and I can just NOT stop thinking about it. That's pretty much all I remember from the weekend... but there was a late night chat at my parents, dinner at Chipotle, a surprise party with all the old cousins and friends, air gun cannon shootings, dinner at Leslie's, donut making, Lunch at my house & a new blog for my sis. Whew, what a weekend.
My house is a complete and utter disaster. But I'm OK with it. We'll probably be moving soon and it will get all organized again in a year or so....
I have a pile the size of a twin bed ready for DI and Ive only been through half of 2 rooms.
I am weirdly excited for St. Patrick's Day. I'm not sure why.
I think 4 wake boards is too many. Anyone want to buy one?
Our dream to go to Ireland on our 10yr wedding anniversary is probably going to be just that, a dream. I'm a little sad about that. But its still been a great 10 years!
My parents are on their way to Montana. They are driving. Two days there, 1 day for a funeral, 2 days back. Funerals are pretty much the only time my Dad see's his family. Very sad I think.
I feel sorry for anyone that lives outside of Phx right now. Can you believe this weather? It is awesome. And I don't care what anyone says, 4 months of sweltering hot weather is way better than shoveling snow, or earthquakes or tornado's, or rain that never goes away. Phx is the BEST. This past week, the kids went swimming, we went to a Spring Training game, the kids played baseball barefoot in the back yard-where else are they doing that!
OK I'm spent.
1 comment:
Hey, who died? And that's cool you're moving, but why? better area or something? And I'm totally jealous of you living in AZ. I don't know who you are talking to that say living anywhere else is better... :) I would do ANYTHING to have my kids running around barefoot and going to Cubs spring training games! It's so brutally cold and awful here right now. brrrrrrr. I'm coming to visit!!
Post a Comment