Sometimes I feel like I am barely surviving from day to day. Really I am happy to be surviving. So much is going on right now, and its great!
Last week Gavin gave us a scare, and even though he will have to have a surgery, he will be fine. It could have been so much worse. I am grateful.
I was supposed to go help in both Jack and Jasper's class this week. They were making gingerbread houses. I couldn't make it to Jacks, because of Gavin's last minute Dr. appointments. But I got to help out in Jasper's and it was so fun. The teacher and the other moms were so impressed with my frosting in a Ziploc bag trick. And it was fun to spend time with Jasper in his school setting. I am grateful.
I got to help my nephew with his eagle project. It was hard work and I'm glad I'm not homeless. We replaced some flooring in a school for homeless children. Those children will have to fight tooth and nail to be successful in this life. I hope they will. I am grateful for boys that want to get their eagle rank, for parents that will back them up, even when its not going so good, and leaders, friends & family that spend their evenings helping them achieve their goals.
I enjoyed a year of delightful dinners with good friends who make great food. We had a potluck dinner group on Sat night. The food was great. The stories even a little better & the company excellent!!
Mailed 75 Christmas letters this week. Have another 25 to hand out. Wade writes the best letter. Although it's long, it's funny and worth the read. Our friend Torel took the pic and did a great job.

I go running early in the mornings. Not because I love it, but because I don't want to be a fattie. I do like to chat with Jackie and do something that is just for me. My sister Leslie talked me into a race in Feb. It means extra miles during the week and a extra long run on Sat to train. I am not a fan of extra time away from my family. But the 5 miles I ran this Sat was easier then last Sat, so maybe I will survive!!
Wade has always liked the Messiah, I have not. He wanted to see the Phoenix Symphony perform. I took him, he liked it. I am glad that's over!! I am grateful for the nice music and the chance to get a little nap in on the shoulder of my hubby.
One of our few Christmas traditions is dipping chocolates. They are very good. But they take a whole heck of a lot of time. And I wouldn't even try if I didn't have a bunch of family over to help roll, dip & sprinkle!! I'm glad my family will put up with my craziness and help.
It was a good week. Now I need to get busy wrapping presents and planning a nativity for 20 kids.... here's to hoping I survive another week!!!
5 comments:
What the heck happened to Gavin?!
I love when you write and tell us your thoughts!
The run this morning wasn't that bad, I'm doing OK. Maybe I'll join you for the 5 miler sometime.
love the family pic. where did torel take them?
Deirdre- you are so darn great. I love your letters too! We look forward to them. You are such an incredible couple and family. Congrats on baptism day!
Post a Comment