Wednesday, October 15, 2008

As usuall...

I am behind. So much to say and never the words to say it. I like to talk. Although depending on the subject I might say I hate to talk. I hate to write no matter the subject. so when I am behind it is usually because I didn't have the time or energy to download the photos. Well now I think the camera is broken (dang kids) so now I'll have to write.

We survived Fall Break and it was actually fun:
Monday-Took the kids +1 favorite cousin, Colton to McDonald's for lunch.
Tuesday-We went to the zoo with friends. Jack asked all summer to go to the zoo and there was no way I was taking him if it was over 95, so he was super excited to go. Gavin loved running up ahead with the big boys and only fell like a zillion times.
Wednesday-Went to the park with my sister Leslie and sister-in-law Glory and all the cousins. 14 of them. They had a blast. We had a picnic lunch and it was fun to chat with the girls while all the kids played.
Thursday-Leslie and I got some Halloween crafts for the kids. We made pipe cleaner spiders, colored wood Halloween characters and made paper jack-o-lanterns. The kids loved the spiders & they were actually pretty cute!
Friday-Went with friends to the fair. It was the first day so it was only a $1 to get in. We checked out all the 4H exhibits and all the animals. We took the kids on one little ride, of course we had to have something deep fried so we had french fries (about a shoe box size), a huge donut and of course deep fried twinky.

Jack was glad to go back to school. He is getting really good and reading and writing. Today I forgot to pick him up at the bus. Thank heavens for Sister Hawkins.

Jasper has been riding his bike like crazy this week. Literally like crazy. He just does not grasp the concept of looking before he rides into the road. He doesn't care that I cant see him when he goes round the corner. He just is having the time of his life. I'll just keep praying & hope he doesn't get run over!!

Gavin, I tried to cut his hair -it looks horrible (Jasper's too). My sister is coming home this weekend from beauty school, hopefully she can fix it. Gavin is starting to say a few more words, but really he just screams and grunts and it is driving Wade and I crazy. But the kid can me so dang cute, so we gotta love him. This week he figured out how to move the stool around in the kitchen to get what he wants -candy & cookies!

Garth, oh sweet baby will you please go back to sleeping through the night!! He did great for like two months but the last 3 or so months he wakes up at least twice in the night to be fed. It is slowly killing me. He is army crawling all over the place and loves to eat any minuscule piece of paper or bug that he might find. The other day I found him hanging half way out of the crib, so he is definitely getting mobile (and yes I did lower the mattress!!) I noticed today his gums are all swollen so we will probably have two little teeth in the next week.

When I was a little kid, my mom says that my favorite hobby was watching TV, well its still pretty high on the list. But dang it I am so sick of political commercials. I cant wait for the election to be over. I want to enjoy my TV without political lies-from both sides!!

Halloween is on its way. I finished my Halloween craft -maybe someday I'll get a pic posted. It turned out cute. Next time I'll have to pick a craft that does not involve me cutting out 300 blocks for it!! Costumes are next on the list. We are having a Indiana Jones, Cow Boy, Dino and not sure what #3 Kid should be, any suggestions?

My primary calling has been interesting so far. Sunday is super easy. I have to conduct every three months and sharing time same thing. But right now we have a bunch of teachers moving out so we have 4 classes with no teachers. You would think that subbing in primary was next to death. Is it still not common courtesy to return a phone call, or return an e-mail. Come on people give me a break, they are your children you know!!

What else, hm oh this Sat is the last official day of Wades parents mission in Malta. They are gonna spend a couple weeks seeing more of the sights with some friends before they come home, but I am super excited for them to come home. Yes mostly so they will babysit our kids-but I think they might actually like our kids so its win-win. Last week we got a cool letter from their Mission President, just telling us what awesome missionaries they have been and how much they will miss them and how lucky we are. Its a cool letter.

But since they are gone, Ive been helping a tiny bit with Wade's sister who is engaged and getting married the end of Nov. Its been fun to go dress shop and help her out with whatever she needs. Brings back lots of memories from my own wedding -so long ago. The purple & sunflowers (Ug what was I thinking) The Bridge. The Brides Maids dresses, (another Ug) My dress -that didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but it does have hand embroidered ribbon flowers that my grandma did- and that makes it priceless.

Scrapbooking- another Ug, I am so behind. I love to scrapbook but I have too much stuff (crap Wade calls it) so much stuff I cant find it when I need it. I am probably a year behind and its not likely to get any better with two birthdays, a wedding, a homecoming, the holidays..... I might as well just clean it all up and put it in storage.

Yea our gourmet dinner is over. Jackie please send me pics and maybe I'll do a post about it. It was all going so well.... until the stove turned off and we wondered why it was taking so long for the meat to cook. Oh well I am looking forward to this Sat our next gourmet meal, although I hope I'll be able to see the food through my mask!!

ok I gotta go, I hope that dumb debate is over so I can numb my mind with some TV!!

1 comment:

Lindsay Renee' said...

hey deirdre, i left a VT note and little halloween thing for you at your door on monday. did you get it? i stuck it behind the chia turtle. lindsay