Monday, July 7, 2008

Carlsbad State Beach

We had an awesome time in CA. It was great to get away. It was great to have cooler weather. It was great to play in the ocean & sand. It was great to be with friends. It was great to be gone. It sucked to come home! Here are a few pictures.

This is our campsite. Although campsite is a little stretch of the word. It was more like hmmm...I guess there is not a word for it. Lets just say there were tents, canopy's and fake green grass that covered the whole site. Not too much dirt. Although plenty of wild life. Did you know that squirrel's will eat most anything!!

Sand Crabs-loved by any boy, some girls & not at all by Mom's!!
This kid loves the ocean & sand.
Gavin loved the ocean and wasn't afraid at all. He wasn't so much a builder of sand castles as he was a destroyer!!
There were only like 5 pics of me, and none of them was I smiling, I will blame that on the photographer...This one is the best of the worst.
Wade relaxing, after a hard day of boogie boarding, swimming and snorkeling!!
This is how Garth spent most of his beaching time. Under the canopy, under a hat or blanket, and he still got burnt! He was pretty good about the "camping". Although I am glad we brought the swing!!
Gavin loved to ride his bike in the street, the middle of the street. And he is not bothered by cars that are trying to drive through. They can drive around him for all he cares, he will not be getting out of the way. (This was the one crimp in my vacation-kid GET OUT OF THE STREET)
Jack loved the biking as well, although he was obedient and did it on the side. We had one day where his legs below the knee swelled up and he could NOT walk on them AT ALL. It was too weird. He was all hopped up on meds but they didn't seem to work at all. The next day they were swollen, but at least he could walk. Sill have no idea what happened.

Lego Land- The kids had a great time. The Parents survived. We did not buy one thing while we were there, our parents would be so proud!! Our favorite thing was Mini Town, where they had displays of all the big cities -New York, San Fran, Vegas.... It was cool. Wade loved the Manufacturing of Lego's tour.

We had a wonderful 4th. Laying on the cool grass, looking up and seeing the fireworks fall over our heads. Gavin was not a fan, Garth didn't mind and the rest of us thought it was awesome. Did you know it could be the 4th and not 110+ degree's Wow it was sweet!!

Thanks to Lisa and Torel for sharing everything & showing us a great time. We will be back next year!!

2 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

So I take it you didn't make it to Sea World??

Looks like fun...

The Malone's said...

I can't in my mind ever think why in the world I ever ate a sand crab. But I did and it was one of those stupid things that I will remember. Glad your boys didn't munch on them!